- Accuride is debuting its new super heavy duty AL4160 slide .
- The AL4160 was released to address a market need for a slide that supports heavy loads and performs in harsh environments but also is lightweight, low-profile and competitively-priced.
Accuride is always pushing the boundaries of quality movement. From high load capacities to weather-resistant materials, there’s little Accuride solutions can’t tackle – and look no further than the all-new AL4160 Super Heavy-Duty Slide as proof.
The AL4160 uses aluminum slide members and stainless-steel ball bearings for light-weight, corrosion-resistant functionality.
This new full-extension, non-disconnect slide handles loads up to a whopping 661 lbs. (300 kg). Even with that immense load capacity, the AL4160 manages to stay slim with a relatively narrow side-space of just over an inch.
The AL4160 uses aluminum slide members with stainless-steel balls and bearings. These components make the AL4160 light and resistant to moisture and other forms of corrosion.
As Sid Kalantar, Accuride’s Senior VP of Sales & Marketing noted:
“We designed the AL4160 to address a market need for a slide that supports heavy loads and performs in harsh environments but also is lightweight, low-profile and competitively-priced. Our US introduction follows eight years of successful customer use in Europe.”
The AL4160’s high load capacity, corrosion-resistant components, and low-maintenance design make it an ideal solution for heavy-duty machinery like that in the image above.
Claudia Tuttle, Marketing Manager for Accuride North America, added:
“The AL4160 is a breakthrough innovation, one that gives manufacturers an affordable heavy-duty option that shows Accuride’s renowned premium feel and performance.”
Specific examples include:
- Generator and battery compartments in large vehicles, including fire trucks and recreational vehicles
- Enclosures for Data Storage and Communications
- Emergency Vehicles and Transportation (Buses, Trains, Trams, Heavy and Light-Rail)
- Heavy-duty equipment in factories and warehouses applications
- Machinery and Tool Storage
- Aircraft Interior Parts / Aircraft Seat Parts
- Marine Applications
The AL4160 is available in even lengths from 12″ to 20″, 32″, 36″, and 40″ (300-700 mm, 800 mm, 900 mm, and 1,000 mm).
If you want to know more about the AL4160 and other AL-Series slides, visit our new Heavy-Duty Solutions Page . You’ll find a range of heavy-duty movement solutions covering ranges from 170 lbs. and greater. You can also find technical sheets and CADs to help you plan for your heavy-duty project.
Remember to stay connected with Accuride for the latest in functional and fashionable design movement!
Accuride Heavy-Duty Movement for Ever-Demanding Industry
April 20th, 2020
7 Things to Consider When You Buy a Heavy-Duty Drawer Slide
April 21th, 2020
What is Progressive Movement in a Slide?
April 6th, 2020