- Accuride is debuting its new super heavy duty AL4160 slide.
- The AL4160 was released to address a market need for a slide that supports heavy loads and performs in harsh environments but also is lightweight, low-profile and competitively-priced.
- The AL4160 is available in even lengths from 12″ to 20″, 32″, 36″, and 40″ and is ideal for use in outdoor spaces, industrial machinery, and transportation.
Accuride is always pushing the boundaries of quality movement. From high load capacities to weather-resistant materials, there’s little Accuride solutions can’t tackle – and look no further than the all-new AL4160 Super Heavy-Duty Slide as proof.
This new full-extension, non-disconnect slide handles loads up to a whopping 661 lbs. (300 kg). Even with that immense load capacity, the AL4160 manages to stay slim with a relatively narrow side-space of just over an inch.
The AL4160 uses aluminum slide members with stainless-steel balls and bearings. These components make the AL4160 light and resistant to moisture and other forms of corrosion.
As Sid Kalantar, Accuride’s Senior VP of Sales & Marketing noted:
“We designed the AL4160 to address a market need for a slide that supports heavy loads and performs in harsh environments but also is lightweight, low-profile and competitively-priced. Our US introduction follows eight years of successful customer use in Europe.”
Claudia Tuttle, Marketing Manager for Accuride North America, added:
“The AL4160 is a breakthrough innovation, one that gives manufacturers an affordable heavy-duty option that shows Accuride’s renowned premium feel and performance.”
Specific examples include:
- Generator and battery compartments in large vehicles, including fire trucks and recreational vehicles
- Enclosures for Data Storage and Communications
- Emergency Vehicles and Transportation (Buses, Trains, Trams, Heavy and Light-Rail)
- Heavy-duty equipment in factories and warehouses applications
- Machinery and Tool Storage
- Aircraft Interior Parts / Aircraft Seat Parts
- Marine Applications
The AL4160 is available in even lengths from 12″ to 20″, 32″, 36″, and 40″ (300-700 mm, 800 mm, 900 mm, and 1,000 mm).
If you want to know more about the AL4160 and other AL-Series slides, visit our new Heavy-Duty Solutions Page. You’ll find a range of heavy-duty movement solutions covering ranges from 170 lbs. and greater. You can also find technical sheets and CADs to help you plan for your heavy-duty project.
Remember to stay connected with Accuride for the latest in functional and fashionable design movement!